Town of Islip Senior Discounts
Are you a senior living in the Town of Islip? We understand that most seniors in the Town of Islip are on a fixed income, so we have listed discounts that will help you to stay in the Town of Islip. You may not be aware of incentives and other discounts for seniors, that's why we created a section just for seniors. We are open to any suggestions for our site! Do you know of any senior discounts or know of some useful information for seniors? Please contact us and let us know!
Town of Islip Senior Citizen ServicesPhone: (631) 224-5340
The Division of Senior Citizen Services provides services to Islip Town residents 60 years of age and over. For general information, call (631) 224-5340.
Senior Citizens ID Card
Senior Citizens 60 years and older may obtain a Senior Citizen card FREE at the
Division of Senior Citizens located at 401 Main St., Room 102, Islip. A Senior Citizen card is issued in place
of a Recreation Card.
Town of Islip Disabled Permit
Disabled Parking Permit Application
Lost or Stollen Disabled Permit
The Town’s Senior Citizen Centers serve as a focal point for social, cultural and educational programs for residents 60 years of age and older. Centers are open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For information about programs, services and activities offered in each center, please call or visit your local center. Locations and phone numbers of our centers are below.
Town of Islip Senior Centers and Nutrition Programs
All of the Senior Centers listed below have a Nutrition Program for the elderly
- Caesar Trunzo Center Central Islip Center
16 Second Avenue, Bay Shore 555 Clayton St.
Phone: (631) 436-6072 - (631) 436-6045
- Oakdale Center Joyce Fitzpatrick Center
963 Montauk Highway 50 Irish Lane, East Islip
Phone: (631) 472-7023 - (631) 224-5396
- West Islip Senior Center
90 Higbie Lane
Phone: (631) 893-8932
- Ronkonkoma Senior Center
22 Lakecrest Lane. (Rosevale Ave. entrance)
Phone: (631) 467-3324
More Information about Senior Citizen Programs Call 224-5340 for information about senior clubs, transportation, adult day care, home delivered meals and home chore program.
Senior Citizens Exemption & STAR
If you are a senior living in the Town of Islip, you may qualify for the senior discount on your taxes. Read the instructions for applying for the Senior Citizens Exemption
. Then fill out this form Senior Citizens Exemption & STAR
and mail form for your senior discount on your property taxes.**Note, you can also qualify for the STAR Application (Basic & Enhanced)
Senior Citizens Enhanced STAR Information
STAR Application (Basic & Enhanced)
- Enhanced STAR Exemption: The residence must be the primary residence of a taxpayer 65 years or older with an income that does not exceed $79,050. This assessment applies only to school district taxes.
- Veteran Exemption: Applies to residents who served in the armed forces and were honorably discharged. Un-remarried spouses may apply if they have a death certificate. The alternative veteran exemption applies to residents who were on active service. The Cold War veteran exemption applies to residents who served on active duty for more than 365 days during the time period from September 2, 1945 to December 26, 1991.
- Senior Exemption: Applies to residents 65 years of age of older. If a household contains a husband and wife, or two or more siblings, only one must meet the age requirement in order for the household to receive the exemption. The maximum income level for this exemption is $37,400.
- Disabled Exemption: The residence must be owner-occupied and must be the disabled resident's primary residence. The disabled resident must be receiving disability in order to qualify. The maximum income level for this exemption is $37,400. There is no age limitation.
Town of Islip Senior Citizen Club
Did you know there's are Senior Citizen Clubs in the Town of Islip? If you are interested fill out the Senior Citizen Club Application
and join your local club today.
Town of Islip Senior Resources
Help with Heating Bills
DID YOU KNOW?
Golden Park Program
If you are a New York State resident 62 or older, on any weekday (except holidays), you can obtain....
- FREE vehicle access to state parks and arboretums.
Fee reduction to state historic sites.
- Fee reduction for state-operated swimming , golf, tennis and boat rental
Simply present your current valid New York State Driver's License or New York State Non-drivers Identification Card.
Both of these ID's can be obtained at your motor vehicle office. For more information about facilities where this program is valid, contact the nearest state park, state park regional office or:
- New York State Parks
Albany New York 112238
Phone: (518)486-1899 (TDD)
Meals on Wheels
The voluntary meals-on-wheels programs provide two nutritious meals a day, one hot, one cold, five days a week. Meals are delivered by volunteers. All clients are screened for eligibility prior to placement on the program. There is a fee for the service. Please call the voluntary/non-profit program for details.
Suffolk County Office for the Aging
Long Island Meals on Wheels Listings
Discount Bus fares for Seniors
Reduced Fare Program for Seniors, Persons with Disabilities and Medicare Card Holders. Persons with valid, municipally issued cards identifying them as at least 60 years old or mentally or physically handicapped may ride for the reduced, one-way fare. A valid Medicare Card is also accepted as ID. Persons must display their ID card to the driver when paying the fare to ride at the reduced rate.
For ID Information:
- Seniors ID: Call 631. 853.8200
- Handicapped ID: Call 631. 853.8333
- Hearing Impaired TTY: Call 631. 853.5658
Suffolk County Transit
Informational links for Seniors
Don't Hesitate to Call:
Additional Information for Senior
Restore STAR rebates for Homeowners
The new State Budget, put together behind closed doors, took away your STAR property tax rebate checks. The loss of these checks will cost individual homeowners throughout our state hundreds of dollars. Senator Nozzolio voted against the budget because it took away your rebate checks and raised taxes by an average of $2,400.00 for you and other families.
Join the Fight to Restore STAR Rebates
Sign this petition to make a difference!